View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #24
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Well and the convenience of: flip a switch and *poof*-fire. flip the switch off and *poof*-no fire. No wood to carry in, no bugs, no snakes, no mess on the floor, no going out when it's cold or rainy. No worrying about the fire when we leave.

Cons-I do miss the smell of a real wood fire, and the sound.
I need to comment on this.

I love a real fire. Last year we had a good one going and I thought I would recycle some cardboard and "kick it off". I've heard about chimney fires and knew what to look for. I was feeding the fire to really get some heat in the house and something didn't sound right. I went outside to look at the chimney and flames were shooting out about 2-3 ft. I shot the hose up at the chimney and it got worse.

Long story short I took the hose up on the roof and shot it down the chimney. It steamed like a fool. I ran in the house and my wife was sitting in front of the fire steady throwing paper and card board into it.

I asked "didn't you see the water and the fire flare up" and she said she was afraid it would go out!

It sounded like a train running through the house.

I will never burn paper in the house again.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote