Thread: My Swords
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #19
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
No ginsus for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Not watermelons, but cutting demos are normally done with small fruits and vegetables. A person would throw the target at the swordsman who would slice in the air. My favorite targets: apples and potatoes. I like using them because they split easy, do not fragment, can easily be thrown by nearly anyone, and do not squirt juice that can blind you in mid-swing. Someone with a decent blade may even slice through a 2x4 as well. There are also some other fun targets to try, but you gotta be careful with some of them.

For example:
  • Balloon (strike with the edge, not the tip)
  • Thick bamboo (this is fairly easy)
  • Glass bottle (slicing it, NOT shattering it)
  • Elastic hooking cord (slice the thick rubber cord)
Forgive my ignorance but do you mean one of your swords will slice through a glass bottle and cut it in two without shattering?? Now that's a serious blade!!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote