View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 07:43 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
We started off homeschooling because he was in Evangel and not doing well in school during first grade. How can you not do well in first grade? I kept asking the teacher and she would only respond "He's doing better." His grades weren't better. I was at the school every day because I was on their school board and I was the PTA President. The teacher after almost the whole year then tried to convince me that maybe he had a learning disability. My husband and I didn't really buy this but we took him to Dr. Bruce McCormick (great guy), had him tested, took lots of his classwork in, and found out holy cow that little belle didn't have a problem it was the teacher!!!! I took all the info back to Evangel and the principal who did not care. She just shrugged her shoulders at me!! I took him out that day and never took him back. I never did another thing for the school either.

He had much of his first grade work to relearn as well as all of his self esteem had been shot to he**. We live in Texas and they do not have Magnet schools. We prefer a Christian education and homeschooling just seems to fit for him. He gets to do a lot with other homeschoolers. This year he is starting guitar lessons, tae kwon do, and art lessons. We get to pack a lot in that interests him and if it doesn't we don't do it. (as in P.E.!)
Hey Sista might want to back off on that caffeine good morning to you too
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote