View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I served in the army in the late 80's. At no time did my recruiter lie to me or make any promises the army would not honor. If you qualified for a bonus, you received a bonus. There were plenty of soldiers trained in my MOS from other parts of the U.S. that received bonuses that I did not receive, but that was solely because of where in CONUS that they were recruited. When I learned of this, I was pissed for awhile, but I was never deceived by my recruiter about anything. I cant speak to the experiences of you other x-service members, but during my stint in the army, I never met ANYONE who claimed they'd been shafted by their recruiter. It just never happened outside of "Private Benjamin".