View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 10:11 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
God bless all of our service men and women. These fine folks gave us there all and this generation has lost touch with what really happened and could happen again.
So true, well said.

Personally I'm not real hip on the draft.. but I've always wondered if we wouldn't be better off with like a mandatory 2 year term or so, even if it wasn't to serve in the "army" per se, but 2 years of public service or the like ? i'm not positive it's a good idea, but when I think about what they refer to, when they call them the "greatest generation" These folks did everything they could to 'join up' during WWII, some folks who were 4-f ? is it ? committed suicide because they COULDN'T join. A very different generation to say the least.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote