Thread: Ten lost tribes
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 12:13 AM   #11
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>mosileums
I assume you mean "mausoleums." Do you even know what that word means?
Sorry for the lack of spell checking. I should use a mac where I could spell check anything/anywhere. I would be in bad shape without my email spell checker.

No, actually I'm not well versed in mausoleums (which is sort of my point). In these parts, they are not as common as cemeteries. I have no idea why. I'm only saying that not a month goes by without some group sueing some government body over the display of a historic Christian symbol such as the 10 commandments, or a cross, or whatever. We don't have crecents or whatever in our history. That is not our US and UK history, for the most part.

Where does government draw the line between *church* and state, I do not know. It's tricky business for sure. But it does seems like lines are being drawn and sides taken more and more each day. Who ever thought about changing the Pledge of Allegence? I do wish everyone would "chill out" sometimes but the religious fanaticalism as well as agnosticism seems to be growing. Thank God we have that freedom of religion in the US and aren't forced by government to pick "the right one".
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote