View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #10
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
I sold my home in bossier city last year, it took me almost a year to sell it and it wasn't fun but I had to do what I had to do to move. I was moving into an area where the housing bubble was WAY THROUGH THE ROOF! The site I used was http://www.infotube.net what i did was created the information, printed out the forms and went to home depot and purchased the for sale by owner sign and the info tube to go on top the for sale sign (cost approximately 30.00) and put the sign in my front yard. I did do open house for a few months and that got very old so I went to appointment only (ad in the paper wasn't too bad for pricing) and included a border and picture with the appt only ad.

Get READY! Realators will call you everyday mainly mondays and once infotube is up they do the same. I learned their phone numbers and also voices and would give it to them hard when they would call. Basically what did i need them for if i was doing the samething? I could leave work at anytime stay home if need be and was home all weekend so what did I need them for? Most charge at least 6% you can get them down to 3% if you are lucky but I needed all the money.

I wish you luck with the sale of your house and don't let anyone of those realators talk you into using them I had one that was so dirty left me a voice mail about a job opportunity? It was for the sale on my house and wanting to sell it i got very ugly with her for lying.

The tire kickers were the worse for open house thats what made me quit. I had some rude neighbor just want to compare my house to hers and another lady come in just to take pictures of my kitchen because she was redoing hers! That did it for me I figured only serious people would schedule an appt and I was so right.

My house sold finally and I was able to move and make 20k on the sale!

Last edited by scarlett; 12-07-2006 at 11:19 AM.
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote