View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #62
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I've never watched "Deadliest Catch," but I thought it was more of a documentary than a reality show.
It documents reality.... More so that "Survivor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
1. "Seinfeld" is the "Sgt. Peppers" of the situation comedy. It raised the bar and has directly influenced every single comedy since. It's amazing to watch an old episode to see how well it has kept up, how it wasn't preachy or political, and how clever every single bit of detail in the plot or dialog was.

2. "The Simpsons" is the most intelligent fictional program in the history of network television. At least it was for the first nine or ten seasons. Now it is drivel.

3. "South Park" was a breakthrough in what shows were allowed to get away with. Also, Kenny doesn't always get killed, anymore.

4. The best comedy of the last decade was "Arrested Development" and the best action/drama was "Firefly." "Firefly" failed because Fox didn't know how to market it. AD failed partly for the same reason, but mostly because the majority of the television-viewing public is too stupid to appreciate anything more clever than "Friends," "King of Queens," or "Everybody Loves Raymond." AD was also a single-camera show that didn't use a laugh track, so stupid people weren't sure if it was funny.

If you've never seen either of these shows I suggest you Netflix them and watch their entire runs from the beginnings.
Thanks for the tips. I hope to catch up with my viewing someday. It is rare that I follow anything on TV and I'm sure I'm missing some good stuff.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote