View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 08:17 AM   #17
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I thought about this thread for awhile and needed to add to it. My daughter also graduated from Evangel with a 4.2. She attended Caddo Middle Magnet for Middle School. The work and courses she did her sixth grade year at MM she did the same work her ninth grade year at Evangel. This repeated for her sophomore year and so on. She never had homework and rarely studied for test. My daughter breezed through school and graduated with honors. Now you can argue that she must be intelligent to have done this with no studying, etc. I know different though having been the PTA president at Evangel and having witnessed daily what went on at the school. She wasn't challenged at all or prepared for college. It was just a walk in the park. It's a very different scenario for my son who is now graduating from Calvary. Yes, both schools are much better environments than the public schools and I would never take that away from either school.

People and supporters of each school are going to see what they want to see in each school. The best way I learned about each school is by now having had a student at each and by being involved with both. I did not bury my head in the sand and believe everything I heard or was told, but rather did my homework while involved with both.