View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Dvd shrink is a program that takes a movie on dvd, and compresses it to fit on a blank dvd.
Why wouldn't one DVD fit on another DVD? Also wouldn't compressing it make the picture worse?

Quote:
Oh, and it will also "go around" the copyright protection in most cases. If you rent or buy a dvd, and would like to copy it, this will do that. Of course, you will need a dvd burner.
I thought it took "underground" software to do that. I guess I assumed it was illegal to sell software that would allow copying of a commercial DVD. What is DVD decrypter? Does it take two software packages to pull off that feat? I have nero already but I've only used it for data disks.

My only DVD tip is that there is a store across from Krogers on Youree called "Replay" or something like that. It is a game store and they took a badly scratched DVD of ours and resurfaced it like new for a few bucks. Neat trick. My kids are hard on discs....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote