View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 07:02 AM   #28
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Oh, Brain you should know me well enough by now to know I have dealt with the little brat!!! He's had to wash his Daddy's truck every weekend he has been over and we have a very large yard that requires a lot of raking! I have found my ways to punish him. City boys don't like to rake and perform hard labor! These are not the ways I really want to do the discipline and not the ways I would do it if one of mine had ruined a computer but then again mine would never do such. My birth children have better respect for the things given to them than to do such.
Well from my very limited glimpse into this drama, it sounds like you guys are stuck in a vicious cycle. You buy him something nice for Christmas, he tears it up because he's mad at you guys because he's punished every time he comes over and made to wash the truck or rake the yard because of something he's done before.

Now I am NOT telling you how to raise your children, but a belt instills fear, not anger. Therefore it is vastly more affective at quelling problems with problematic children than washing the truck.

Quote:
Furthermore, when I have issues with the mom I go straight to the source. I believe the best way to deal with a matter regarding the boy is straightforward and like an adult in a calm, cool manner. The only problem is getting met half way.
Never been there, but I understand what you are saying....
Quote:
I know you don't see it as newsworthy but personally I would like to see some good come from it. I would like attention brought to the issues that fathers like my husband face so that perhaps positive change can come for them.
Maybe, but it should at least be billed as entertainment, not headline news. This should be on ET, not CNN.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote