View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 06:38 AM   #10
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
In my opinion, capitalism is the cornerstone of society. Without it there would be no competition or choice. I think entrepeneurs should be able to develop and establish smokers-only restaurants, no-smoking restaurants, and everything in between. Nobody has to patronize any particular establishment if they don't want to.

Re: Regulation

The I ching says....
>man is not happy working without regulation. If he has no restrictions nor limitations, he will create them!!

How true....I just like it when "he" is "me"..
There are societies without capitalism. All societies, however, have rules. They're not necessarily for you or me. I feel fairly certain that even without a rule, you wouldn't come to my house and hurt me or my family, or take our things. Unfortunately, not everyone is like you. Even worse, some would do it in spite of the rules. I recognize I have to sacrifice some personal liberty. I know it gets to be a gray area in terms of how far reaching the regulations should be.

However, I do feel that smoking is one of those things that can hurt you. Even if you are not the one smoking.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote