View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMattyChooChoo
I just moved to Shreveport from Houston and am having a time trying to understand politics in Louisiana. In Texas, if you are a Democrat, you believe this and that. Same for Republicans. The lines are basically the same as the average of national politicians. Louisiana seems a little different.

The Governor is a Democrat, yet just signed a full abortion ban. The state seems to be very religious, but Democrat, and also pro-2nd Amendment. (I say seems a lot because I haven't done any real research.)

I will still be voting in my old district in Texas (which is entirely confusing being Tom DeLay's old district), but I would really like to know about Louisiana politics, economy, education, Shreveport issues, state issues, etc.
I have to say, I've wondered the same in times past. I do believe that the state of Louisiana has voted Republican in most presidential elections, but if I had to guess, I think lately this has not been by any 'large' majority ? And I also think there's been it's fair share of Democrat Governors... ?

Also, being this far south, it doesn't surprise me that someone, regardless of Democrat or Republican, would be against abortion, or against any additional gun control. not if they wanted to win another election.

For the record, regardless of my feelings about abortion, I feel the decision is up to the Woman's right to choose.

OH.. and WELCOME TO SHREVEPORT!
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote