View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 08:57 AM   #14
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Well, using stem cells, scientists recently "grew" a human liver in a liver-shaped mold...fully functional.

Absolutely, I agree that its just this sort of self-sacrifice for another that makes humanity worth saving. I have no doubt that some kind, generous soul will step up to the plate!
But Al, did they place this liver in a human and it's working? And if so, how long into this liver is the patient? Do you have a link to this story? I'd love to read it? I think at this point it is purely experiemental. This woman could not pay to go out and have this done for her. Reality is that someone needs to give her a kidney. It is probably going to be awhile before they are "growing" organs.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote