View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #28
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I used to be a Christian, and I didn't have enough time until now to think about it, and I still am. If you don't question your religion or your faith, what are you? Why even exist if all you do is uphold a book that doesn't change? You can't affect anything in the world or do any duty other than serve a text, for what reason? Who knows.
Maybe you are on to something. At 17 you can't think fully because your still growing. You should be asking questions instead of making statements, and so I will try to answer some of them.

Re:What am I? I am an adult who once questioned my faith at 17 but no longer. At some point, you must make a decision or else find yourself asking questions your whole life.

Re: Why even exist if all you do is uphold a book that doesn't change? It's not just "a book". But ok, lets see you write one that is better. Go ahead and try. We will all be here waiting.

Re: You can't affect anything in the world. One prayer can have that effect. Just one.

Re: Who knows? Millions do. God knows. He gave us his word in a book no less. One that you can hold in your hands and read (well hopefully). Millions have read this book. They all know. What you are really saying is "not me, I don't know" and that is why you are asking questions like this to strangers on an Internet forum. Which is fine. Manyhere have been patient in answering your questions.

Now may I ask a couple of questions? Where are your parents? You're 17 right? When is your bedtime? You are in school right?