View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #13
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The church school's may be good at sports, however, it seems it is lacking in social skill techniques and overall education. Public school seems to beat out Mr. Duron and Mr. Cavalry.
Oh, Neo... did you have to go there? Let me speak from personal experience gained from some hard lessons after moving here. We entered our kids in public school and found the schools you spoke of to be at least a year behind in curriculum for my kids and even more than that as an educator. We chalked the first year up and moved my 8th grader to Evangel and my 1st grader to a magnet school. Each child has thus excelled in her/his setting.

My daughter is now graduating with a 4.4 GPA from Evangel as salutatorian. She excels in every area and she's beautiful inside & out. As educator and parent, I have found Evangel to be an incredible school - and my daughter is not a football jock. She holds her own academically and socially in any arena because of her background at Evangel.

As far as Evangel's credentials beyond sports, they carry the highest SACS rating - from the same accreditation board that governs public school here in LA. The teachers are well educated, from many cultural backgrounds, and are caring far beyond what we found in public schools.

I cannot speak to Calvary's credentials because I have no experience there. I do know that they are not SACS accredited. This is not an anti-Calvary post. Both schools have a push for excellence and goals for reaching it. I am proud to have state football champs (12 years running) and new state baseball champs from the same town. That's speaks highly for Christian schools Shreveport!!

When you have children, you will make school decisions based on what fits your family and your beliefs - public, private, home-schooling, Christian schools. I hope you will research your options and consider them carefully.

I also hope that you will refrain from disrespectfully calling pastors by silly names. Blanket statements do not reflect one's level of education very well. I would like to think that you are more than just a "good old boy" who repeats just what he hears.

Last edited by Sheba; 05-15-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote