View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:30 AM   #23
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I agree with a lot of the things he says. I disagree with some of the things he says. Even if I agreed 100% with what he believes ought to be the way the country is, he is absolutely not the man that can make it happen. He would not make a very good President, which is fine because he has absolutely no chance of ever becoming President.

Extremists are worthless, and he is the worst kind of extremist: an idealist.
"Absolutely not the man that can make it happen"? You got that right...long as there are short-sighted sheeple who're afraid of progress and positive change, it'll never happen. "He would not make a very good president"? As compared to who, exactly? Clinton? Bush Sr. or Jr.? Reagan? Carter? Ford? Nixon? LBJ? JFK? You're joking, right? Define what constitutes "a very good president". Would that be somebody who'll make the needs of the country and his constituents top priority? Somebody with honor and integrity? Somebody who understands that he governs by consent of the governed? Somebody who has never abused his office or used his position to enrich himself? Somebody who says what he does and does what he says? Somebody who's voting record refects that? Somebody who's actions are governed by strict adherence to the Constitution? Somebody who believes government should be as small and transparent and unintrusive as possible? Somebody who believes that your money is yours? Somebody who believes that America is truly "The Land of The Free", and should forever remain that way? Well guess what, Ron Paul is that somebody. Check it out for yourself, you'll see that its a true. But maybe all of these qualities dont add up to your idea of a good president. Maybe you're satisfied with the status quo. Well I'm not. The status quo sucks ass, Joe, and I'm sick to death of it. Show me a better, more qualified candidate and we'll talk. Till then, I cant take anything you say seriously, because you dont have any answers. Hell, you dont even have the questions. All you've got are trite witticisms and baseless criticisms.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 07-20-2007 at 04:48 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote