View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #34
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Quote:
You're poorly served by your penchant for semantics, as it is usually your undoin in these debates.
Hahaha, my undoin'. I must have forgotten about all those times you've schooled me.

Quote:
By your logic, the Rosenbergs should never have been executed, since we were not at war with the Soviet Union.
No, that doesn't follow "my logic" at all. "My logic" says that treason is a specific crime with specific circumstances outlined in the constitution. The Rosenbergs clearly met that standard, as selling nuclear secrets to the Russkies was clearly "adhering to [our] Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Quote:
You may not have invented "political correctness", but it sure as hell seems to be your guidin philosophy.
Do you even know what "political correctness" means? I'm probably the least politically correct person here.

Quote:
Clearly, an excellent case can be made that it's definition of treason can and should be applied to such heinous crimes against the Republic as violations of the Bill Of Rights
Clear as mud and as excellent as a nude photo of Hilary Clinton. Do you believe George W. Bush should be executed for treason? He was found by the highest court in the nation to have "violated the Bill of Rights." Clinton, too. And Bush Sr. And Reagan. And Carter, etc. Plus those judges that wouldn't take down their 10 commandments and all the state legislatures that passed laws banning abortion before Roe v. Wade and anyone that ever worked in a segregated public school.

Damn, we're going to have to come up with some more efficient execution methods if we're going to rub out the hundreds of thousands of people that commit the heinous act of "violating the Bill of Rights" every year.

No offense, but if I have to choose between Thomas Jefferson's standard for "treason" and yours, I'm going to go with Tom and the gang.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote