Thread: Howdy
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #36
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Anyone who willingly and with full knowledge of their actions CHOOSES to break the law isn't any better than the guy growing pot in the privacy of his own home and certainly doesn't deserve to be treated any differently. I mean hey, they're both victimless crimes, right? Wasn't that your justification?
With that being said, I didn't state Roy Moore deserved to go to jail or even be sued, I said he was unfit to judge others.
Growing pot is a crime because people smoke it and often persuade others to smoke it as well. While the act of growing it is a victimless crime, it can and usually does involve victims later on. Therefore, it "indirectly" does have victims. In Judge Moore's case, however, he could've displayed those Commandments for 30 years and not hurt anyone.

I can agree that his insubordination makes him unfit to judge.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote