View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 09:33 PM   #45
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Anime and Isaac, I usually have a whole lot of respect for the both of you but just lost some at this moment. Apparently it is obvious by both of your posts that you have never seen someone deep in the depths of serious depression and mental illness. I have as we know having had my mom committ suicide only within the last year. There are not words to explain what it is like for these people. I would have never ever ever thought my loving wonderful mom capable of such an act, but in the throes of her illness she obviously was. The one thing my family and I learned is there is not enough help out there for mentally ill patients and doctors are certainly not trained enough to deal with them.

In my reading of this story, no where did I read any references to this woman being on drugs. Did I miss something Isaac? I personally don't think we should speak ill of her when we don't know her situation. What I see when I read her story is a single mother with four children in dire circumstances. Where were people who could help her? I am sure there was someone who should have noticed something amiss with this woman. Where was the father of these children? Was he doing his part? Probably not. Have you ever been the single mother trying to take care of your children with no help from the father? I have and it's not easy and it's extremely depressing. I did pull myself up by the boot straps and did something about my situation. Everybody is not equipped perhaps like myself. Obviously she wasn't.

Yes, you can say she didn't have to kill her children. SHE WAS NOT IN HER RIGHT MIND. No mother in her right mind would. So please before you judge her and make your judgements please try and wonder what shoes was she walking in and how heavy they may have been.
Texasbelle, my sentiments, too.