View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 06:28 PM   #21
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
McD's and BK are like the opposite of offshoring: they're using systems designed to maximize output from local, unskilled workers. And they do a damn good job. Their food sucks, but most people don't care about what they eat, just as long as it's fast, cheap, and what they were expecting.
I see your point regarding local labor. My analogy was regarding "out of towners" verses locally owned restaurants. And yeah I know many local investors own McD franchises etc., therefore by analogy is admittedly flawed and a bad choice. sorry. Another mistake I made in that long post was the term "telecommunication" when I meant "tele-commuting". It was late. But I guess either term works in that case.

I do agree their food sucks and I often feel funny searching for something good to eat while I drown in a sea of fast food strip malls. I guess my current favorite is a Ciabatta bread sandwich from Wendy's. I can hardly stomach a burger from most places anymore.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote