View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
I rally think LSU needs to do something about the wait time in their ER. I went out there yesterday and at 8:30 pm I gave up and came home without see a doctor. While I was there 2 other people and I were put in a seperate waiting room from the main waiting. The man had came in at 8:00 am with chest pains at 8:00 pm he was still waiting to see a doctor. The woman had came in at 10:00 am with her sugar running 500. At 8:00 pm she was still waiting to see a doctor. I don't care what that hosiptal says there is no REASON why people should have to sit 12 to 20 hours wating to be seen. This is rediculous. I'm not bad mouthing the workers but something definately needs to change. I do know that while I was there that the other two people were only checked on once and that was at 5:30 pm. Both other people were hungry and thristy because the workers didn't want them to eat until a doctor checked them. I know LSU is a busy place but pleassse. It is rediculous. They say on weekends the wait time could be more than 24 hours. What is going to happen is someone will die on the floor in the waiting room before someone steps up.
I would think part of the problem, is the number of people who go to the LSUMC emergency room, instead of seeing their family doctor or the like.
granted some people are there for an emergency... and then some aren't ...

There are far less wait times at some of the other hospitals in town.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote