View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #86
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>1. What a coincidence, so were WE until Pearl Harbor got bombed.

No, we weren't. We were supplying the Allies with men, money, and material for years, letting Hitler and Hirohito wear out their swords. Russia signed a non-aggression pact with the Nazis.

>2. When your fighting an army that wants to control the world and is slaughtering millions of innocent people, EVERYONE against them is your ally. Notice the Soviets agreed to divide Berlin even though THEY won the race to Berlin.

The Soviets agreed to divide Berlin because they knew they couldn't afford (in money or military output) not to. Witness the airlift debacle.

>3. There's a difference between throwing bodies at your own problems and killing people just because they exist. That's the difference between someone who is truely evil and a military leader doing his job.

You don't know much about Stalin, do you? He literally killed people for looking at him funny. Six million died in the Holocaust? Stalin killed at least three times that many, possibly ten times. He was not even close to being "a military leader doing his job."

>4. No ****, that's what I'm trying to tell ********...cold war Russia no longer exists. That certainly doesn't mean everyone over there loves America, likewise, it also doesn't mean everyone is atheist or evil and hell bent on destroying America as the political moron would have folks believe.

No, but that's a pretty good description of the people in control over there.
1. We're America, supplying aid to foreign countries is what we do. They're current state of war is irrelevant.

2. And yet they survived for nearly 50 more years, competed in the arms race with the only other superpower in the world, waged war in the middle east, and I think they would have been successful had it not been for our intervention. Sorta goes against your theory of not having the money to further their "empire", huh? What happened to just "throwing bodies" at their problems?

3. Hey, I'm not trying to say Stalin was a "good" guy by ANY stretch of the imagination, I'm saying there were 2 sides in WW2 and the Russians picked the right one, regardless of the reason, and in my opinion, the entire world benefited from the combination.

4. Really, and exactly how many innocent people has Putin put to death?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote