View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #5
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
well.. you bring up some good points, but I'll also say, anyone who smokes is an idiot I say that as an x-smoker of many years. And eating McDonalds on a regular basis is just as stupid

But I do agree.. that in far more sinister ways than regulating our smoking and eating habits.. our rights are being taken away.. Like having our own government spy on our phone calls and internet usage, without proper warrants etc.. is scary as hell. Yes there are those who will argue "It's so we can catch the terrorist" and yes we all want that. But I think it goes deeper than that..

In this day and age, when you are considered to be UNPATRIOTIC because you choose to speak out against the war, speak out against our current administration.. That also scares the crap out of me. As American citizen it is always our right, to speak out against what bothers us, speak out against what we believe is wrong. Such as whether or not we should still be in Iraq is something that should be debated until the cows come home.

Anyways, back to your point .. I agree.. if I want to kill myself eating french fries .. that's my right to .. Keep 'em guessing !
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote