View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #21
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I wonder what % of concealed weapons are carried by actual permit-holders. I'd guess around 10%.

I wonder what % of concealed weapons are carried by people who aren't even legally allowed to own a gun. Probably upwards of 50%.
Those are excellent questions, Joe. And a bit of a quandry, as there are many otherwise law-abidin people who carry concealed weapons sans permits. These are solid citizens who would easily qualify for the permits if they applied for them, but for whatever reason (philosophical objections, expense, hassle, etc) believe they do not need permission to exercise rights that are theirs to begin with. Much as I personally agree with their sentiments, I nevertheless feel its just plain stupid not to obtain the permit. Unfortunately, the law, where enforced to the letter, considers this segment of gun-toters to be criminals. Then we have those who possess and carry concealed weapons that would not qualify for the permits...the convicted criminals or others who do not meet the qualifications.