View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I dunno, coulda been spiders!
http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362

Technically would spiders living in your ear be classified as an injury or a sickness? beats me...
It would be classified as an injury, actually the diagnosis would begin something like "Foreign Object...". I'll have to look this one up tommorrow.

Tell ya a funny story. I worked in the Business Office of a very large medical practice several years ago. This young man calls and says "I have a bill from so and so and I have never been his patient." I asked him a couple of times during the course of our conversation if he was certain he had never seen him, he had never been in to *** office, and some other things to see if I could identify how he was billed for this procedure. I took his information and explained I would have a look at his chart and get back with him. His chart was brought to me where this was dictation by Dr. Getitout describing a young man presenting to the ER one evening with an object stuck in his rectum that had gone so far up he could not get it out!!!! Dr. Getitout had to take the young man to surgery, open him up, and remove said foreign body!

Imagine the young man's face when I called him and said...

"Do you remember going to Hospital A on date B with an emergency? You had to have surgery and Dr. Getitout is the surgeon who performed your surgery."

I heard dead silence on the other end of the line when young man realized what his bill he had received was actually for. I said, "Sir, do you remember Dr. Getitout? Do you understand your bill now?"

"Yes ma'am. I'll get that payment right out to you."

Click.