View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #19
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvanv View Post
Bosco's Hobby Shop - Shreve City: That was a boyhood hangout of mine. I use to go in and marvel at the remote control airplanes. I bought my first .049 model airplane engine and balsa wood plane kit there. He was a great guy. I know he got sick of me hanging around always asking questions, but he was always courteous and smiling, even when you could tell he had had enough. I loved that guy, thanks for reminding me of him.
Yeah I can still picture the place now. I love a small hobby shop that is small yet packed full of stuff. Mr. Bosco knew exactly where to pull out the box he was looking for, sorta like that wand salesman on Harry Potter. I hung out there a lot. He was a little more friendly than Tom Dobins over in Bossier. But Tom was OK too. I started out on plastic models and moved up to balsa wood planes. After I built and flew half a dozen control line planes, I started on a remote control plane around the age of 14.. It cost a lot and took me forever. I was afraid to fly it and for good reason. I crashed it in mere seconds on the first so-called flight.

Years later as an adult, I got back into R/C planes and got really good at it. (both building and flying) I flew at Sharks field almost every day before the SuperWalmart was built. Then my kids were born and now I spend all my money on bills..
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote