View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 06:11 AM   #6
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Ah, let me start loosely by saying that I'm not an expert and won't go along citing every source of evidence for this, but I believe I can reason out against the majority of this post.

First off, doing everything for the world, and asking nothing in return. That is a laughable statement. There is no way you could ever remotely state with faith in your own words that there are no business or political motivations and exchanges in order to give assistance to other countries, all the while being extremely selective in who we give help to, much less the fact that it's not always ample service to those who need it.
Of course freeing Europe from the grip of the Hitler and the Nazi's came with a certain degree of political motivation. But it wasn't even remotely related to business or any type of "exchange". It was the desire to NOT see one of or greatest allies and "the Motherland" fall under Nazi rule.
Quote:
Second, "we do not draft anymore because everybody volunteers", this is not always the case, there are numerous monetary and personal incentives that cause people to join the military, and many are persuaded into doing so because of their family history or time spent in military prep, not everybody signs up to serve for combat duty, and many are coerced into that area.
People are coerced to join the military like they are coerced into attending college and no amount of Anti-American propaganda on your part will change that.

BTW, does ANY type of incentive change the fact that "we do not draft anymore because everybody volunteers? Of course it doesn't, and that's how you can tell a propaganda machine from a someone who's PROUD to be American
Quote:
Third, "a nation founded UNDER GOD". This is entirely false. The founding fathers were unanimously atheistic in their personal and political matters, in constant reminder to the people and the politicians that there should and will be a wall to separate church and state. The national anthem, honoring God, was not written at the time of the foundation of the country, as one thing. The "One Nation Under God" / "In God We Trust" was not printed on money until the mid-20th century, by no means at the establishment of the country. It actually was originally "In Gold We Trust" but was edited by religious conservatives like the ones who dominate the political scene in America.
Indeed, all of the founding father were not Christians but to say they were unanimously atheistic in their personal and political matters is a statement made out of PURE 17 year old IGNORANCE.
Quote:
Also, the founding fathers almost all had slave-operated plantations, grew and smoked marijuana, using the hemp (required by law to be grown) for industrial purposes, didn't bathe, and wore funny wigs, none of which would be considered reasonable in today's time, but stating their percentage or a certain level of giving up their interests for the country are debatable, as many had long careers before and after politics.
Growing hemp was state law, not federal.
Quote:
"Why now do our current leaders, and I say that loosely, deem it necessary to apologize for everything we have done?" Main reason: political correctness, and protection from special interest groups. America has an issue, an issue with the ability to sue people, and almost anyone will do it nowadays to get "free money" pretty much where applicable. This is almost the entire reasoning behind this apologetic attitude our leaders take today, to try and uphold and not deny their statements, but apologize for their offensive nature; you can't be on both sides, but for some reason, people are satisfied with this two-faced dishonest action, and I agree: why do they do it, honestly?
It's called the American way. We can do what needs to be done because of the number of Americans who agree with said action AND we can be apologetic because of the number of Americans who agree with that curse of action.

Yes, in American we often DO have our cake and eat it too.
Quote:
England wasn't always are ally, remember that, nobody has, we've been too dynamic under different leadership over history to say that we're a necessarily positive or negatively viewed country overall.
England HAS been our greatest ally for 200 years, and that's good enough for me.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote