View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I don't see where anyone is saying that women should be forced to wear them, just that it would be a good idea.

How is this any different than carrying pepper spray or a gun? It's just another means of defense.
Well pepper spray is always closed and snapped so its a 2 step process, maybe 3 if its locked. As for the gun, how many brave women would honestly carry one unless they were raised with guns? I do fear guns, yes my dad did have some and my ex was a huge hunter and yes I do have a gun the one I have has no hammer due to fear of it going off in my purse!

Most women won't even hold one and won't let their husbands have one in the home. I had them in my home both with small children all the way to adults. My kids were raised with guns so I hope they don't fear them, espeically my daughter, like most people do.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people!

Your point is its an option i think it's interesting really but I personally would never wear one.