View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 05:33 AM   #9
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
While I like the objective stance you've taken on religion vs. doing anything constructive with your children, I feel I must point out that if the survey was conducted on an accurate scale of the American population, then it was nearly 90% Christian and is therefore expected to lean in that direction.

Simply put, while the results are accurate, they are also misleading because of a demographically accurate rather than a balanced survey group consisting of equal members of various religious and non-religious beliefs.
I reread the original info. It says "study conducted re: affects of religion." As I am sure you are aware, BS, a true study is more than a survey - it involves tests over time and must follow a true research format. I give it more credit than the limited survey your describing.

Not everything that comes out on the positive side for religion is slanted. Good produces good in our kids!! That will be nice to know when you're in your 80's and you don't give your grandson money for a video game. Perhaps the good things you've planted will surface and you'll survive instead of spending five days on the floor just waiting for life to leave your body.

Again, we reap what we sow! Truth doesn't need a survey.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote