View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Amateurs.....

Here is my two favorite "frozen beverages".. Now before you get your panties in a wad, neither of these are technically frozen. But they are my favorites none the less.

Rhertz's Real Margarita

Put bottle of patron tequila in the freezer. It becomes thick like syrup at that temp. Use gold or silver to your liking. I like silver myself. Put cocktail glasses in freezer too.

1 oz tequila
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice (key limes are good)
1/2 oz of triple sec or grand marnier or cointreu or whatever you like

Pour each over ice in the frozen cocktail glass. You may need to double this recipe!

Rhertz's Secret Vodka Martini

Put a bottle of Grey Goose in fridge (not freezer, heaven forbid)
Put martini glasses in freezer (not fridge, heaven forbid)
Put olives in fridge. good olives. Preferably whole queen sized with pit.
(hint: Zatarain's is good, Mezzetta's is ok)
(hint: If stuff isn't at the right temp, it throws the whole thing off!)
Whip out two good tooth picks. Not those plastic swords, preferably bamboo or good wood.

Fill glass pitcher with ice and let it sit for a minute to chill
Meanwhile, skewer the olives a little off center to avoid the pit

Decant the water from the pitcher. Now you have a cold glass pitcher filled with ice screaming for vodka! Add vodka. ahhhh... If you have to measure, well, I can't help you. Add a splash of vermouth, very preferably Noilly Pratt which is French vermouth to go with the French vodka.

Stir don't shake (heaven forbid)

Using the stir stick to hold back the ice, pour the two martinis into the frozen glasses. Martini's should be served (like Sake) with a friend. Add olive skewers.

Enjoy it in good health!!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote