View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #82
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Kenneth Lay was a crook. Isn't he in jail now? Are you saying that people making minimum wage don't steal? Or can't be crooks? I believe crooks come in all shapes, sizes, and social stereotypes...

Pie, I understand exactly where you are coming from with your beliefs, and it scares the living hell out of me knowing elections are coming up.

You aren't going to like hearing this, but you are a prejudiced person - not based on race.... Maybe based on gender (read your own signature)..... and definitely based on those who make 6 figures. You believe they should give a little of that up unconditionally to poor people, just say so and move on... I'm not saying that is even a bad thing. That is what churches, non-profits, and good samaritans do. That is their purpose in the scheme of things. But not big overnment........nuf said...
No rhertz Ken Lay is dead. Yes he was a crook. But you are still missing the point I'm trying to make. Listen good. I am not prejudiced against people making six figures. The point was you all said the low wage earner doesn't deserve the raise, my point is, did Ken Lay deserve his wage. I could say you are prejudiced against poor people. I never said people on minimum wage don't steal, that come from you. Crooks do come in all different sizes and education, and jobs. My point on our politicians is the money they make do they deserve. They are why you say our country is the way it is. Government butting in but they get paid good money to but in. uh, because they are educated. My question to you is do you support teacher pay raises? Why are they better than a poor person? As Isabella said people on low wage jobs are uneducated and lazy. Have any of you ever thought some people work in fast food because they like working with the public, the same as a nurse likes working in a nursing home. Now I have one for you, if I worked in a restaurant and you came in I would not want to wait on you no matter how much of a tip you left because it as been told what most of you think about a low wage earner, lazy and uneducated, bottom of the totem pole. As far as my signature that was said by Margaret Thacher, I guess she was prejudiced too.