View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #25
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Very good point.

However a child being an ass DOES NOT give the teacher the right to call him an ass in front of the entire classroom....and in that particular example, the use of profanity by a teacher in front of the student would indeed warrant some type of reprimand.
In this day of political correctness and all that entails, no it's not a good idea.. But I've also know PLENTY of brilliant/excellent teachers.. who aren't afraid to do just that.. and when some kid is wasting MY time and everyone else's by acting an ass.. I appreciate a teacher who is willing to call them on it.. PC be damned..

Just as when you got some kid walking around school with his pants hangin' around his knees.. I appreciate the teacher who will call them on that too.. public humiliation being a good starting point.

So we'll just have to disagree on that one.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote