View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 03:34 PM   #11
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
the idea that he is not a politician now that is laughable.
the man has consistently voted on principal.. using the rule of law and the Constitution to determine every vote he has made. lobbyists etc do not even bother to visit him, they no nothing will change his mind. When Republican leadership is requesting/demanding that they all vote a certain way on something.. they single out Ron Paul as to not be included. They no he will not be swayed by politics or pressure. His record speaks for itself.

Come debates.. the days leading up to them, your usual candidate locks himself away, pouring over their responses to see what answers poll better with the public.. Ron Paul goes through no such preparations.. his answers are based on the rule of law. And he will give his answers regardless of what he thinks the listeners want to hear.

Doesn't sound like any politician I've ever heard of.

how you folks continue to tie in Iraq to the war on terror is one huge mystery to me.

To me it appears that there is some phantom force that prevents Americans from thinking beyond the sound bite about real-world considerations and consequences. The pattern for political dialog is Hear, Feel, and React. Unfortunately, the words Think or Question do not appear in the normal dialog patterns of most Americans. We've become a nation of people trained to only see what we're told to see and to be absolutely comfortable ignoring the obvious.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote