View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Black Forrest Cake prepaired by Chef Shorty Leonard, bless his soul....

A little background.....

Chef Shorty Leonard was chef at just about every Shreveport club back in the 60's and 70's at one time or another. He was chef at the Shreveport Club back when Bert Ruban ran it. He was chef at the Shreveport Country Club. He ran his own place on Hart's Island Rd for a while. The last I heard of him, he was chef at the steakhouse at Horseshoe back when it first opened. He would be in his 80's now and I'm not sure if he has passed away or not. He as rumored to be cantankerous at times and switched jobs often.

But one thing is for certain. His Black Forrest Cake was the best there is. It takes many hours to prepare. (like 6 or 8) He would allow you into his kitchen to watch if you dare, because he knew he was the only one who could really make it right. I wish I had watched him make one. I did know his daughter and son who went to CSHS in the late 70's.. Party on!!

Last edited by rhertz; 07-09-2007 at 08:18 PM.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote