View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #37
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Isaac:
Quote:
your spelling sucks too
About 99% of my misspellings are intentional/deliberate, smart guy...I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now!

Isaac:
Quote:
You may be a vet? I dont know that for sure but I would think if your a vet you would be the first one in line to vote? Not! I guess being a vet and older and wiser than everybody and a Christian and a Jew at the same time you have all the bases covered.
Thats right, Isaac, on the net we can be anything we want. And I'd be only too happy to prove my vet status to you if I cared enough to go to the trouble...but hey, LateNight can vouch for me unless you think I could get him to lie on my behalf. As for me being first in line to vote, I don't need a lecture from you or anyone else about civic duty. Being a vet means never having to say you're sorry where issues like this are concerned. Older and wiser? Wrong on both counts...you said that, not me...I never claimed to be either. And I think you sort of tipped your hand about your feelings for the Jews early on, Isaac...like I told you before, when it comes to folks like you I'm 100% Jewish, make no mistake.

Isaac:
Quote:
Apologize for what I said? NOT! Al dont get your feelings hurt as we all throw rocks from behind our avatar just pick them up and throw them back. Al did you ever serve in combat or did you ever serve in combat or did you sit behind a desk? Which branch did you serve in?
Again Isaac, thats you talking. I never asked for an apology...my feelings were not hurt so I did not expect either you or Isabella to offer one...which is fortunate since you had no intention of apologizing in the first place (thanks anyway, Isabella, for your apology, unnecessary though it was). Nor are any thanks necessary for my having served...it was merely one of the many hats I've worn in my resume and my reasons for enlisting had very little to do with patriotism. Just so you'll know, I was a U.S. Army radio operator, which is a "combat support" MOS, as opposed to a "combat" MOS. In Army parlance, I was what was called a "REMF", or "Rear Echelon Mother F*****. There were alot of us, Isaac...my particular mission was to support the combat troops in the areas of radio and teletype. But we were by no means safe...I was once told that soldiers in my occupational specialty had a life expectancy of something like 30 seconds after airing their first transmissions over the battlefields of Vietnam...and that was THEN. I personally never saw action as I was discharged right before Op Desert Storm. Not that any of this is relevant.

So...in retrospect, Isaac, I had no idea that my honest albeit politically incorrect admission (from behind my avatar, no less) would draw such derision from the likes of you and Isabella. But you're right Isaac, so in the future I'll likely keep such admissions to myself..if for no other reason than that there are other things I could be doing with my time besides mounting a vigorous defense of my actions/inactions in print.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-16-2006 at 02:25 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote