View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM   #43
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Hey anime, your baseless bias is showing. You are implying that those who hold views that are different from yours are uneducated, and that this resulted from their presumably incorrect "one-sided" education. I have come to expect this type of reverse discrimination and persecution from minority groups that always claim to promote "equality and freedom" but who really are bigots themselves.
Sorry, Morpheus, but you misunderstood. I did not say that people who do not believe in reincarnation are automatically baseless and uneducated. I am saying that if you reject reincarnation without knowing anything about it, then your opinion is baseless. Or you could say that the base of your opinion is that you have been taught the ascension theory as truth all your life, which is where one-sided education comes in. I did not say that this applies to everyone, or every supporter of ascension. I am sure there are many out there who have educated themselves on both topics.

This is one of the major differences between the Christian and Pagan paths. Christians are given their truth in the form of a book and told "this is all the truth you need." And that's fine. Pagans, on the other hand, are given many books and told "Find your own truth through trial and error."

As for me, my opinion is hardly biased. I have been taught both the ascension theory as well as reincarnation and when I compare the two logically, I find that reincarnation seems more natural and likely to be the way of things. This is my educated opinion.

Take care where you label groups as "bigots," because I too have seen my fair share of it and not just from minorities.