View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I didn't know that. The only off shore fish I ever caught was a Bonito. Years later I saw on Iron Chef where the Japanese make a fish stock out of freeze dried Bonito flakes so I bought some. They taste great! Much better than Wylers chicken or beef boullion cubes. I have no idea if the Bonito I caught in Cozumel is the same as what the Japanese use.

My friends caught a Mahi Mahi that day and we ate it at a local restaurant and I told that story already. I remember it being brilliant yellow and blue, and not quite as yellow as your picture. Is the color also seasonal? I do remember that the color fades quickly once they are out of the water. When they jump in the air, they are gorgeous! (if you think fish can be gorgeous..LOL)
Bonito is in the tuna family but is very bloody and we use them for cut bait to catch small chicken mahi and sharks too. I am sure that Japanese Joe could make it where you could eat it ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote