View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #25
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nc View Post
Where was Sharks field? History needs to know Cotton field on Youree?
My dad would take us to a place... must have been Bossier area, where they had a little cement/blacktop landing strip and everything.
Sharks field was right where the parking lot of Super Walmart on Airline. Around 1993, they had to move a few miles north somewhere. I think they are still going today. I think they had as location before the airline (walmart) location but I'm not sure. But that was the real hay day. We had lots of fun for years. Other common places to fly were LSUS and Slack Industrial park but those were iffy. I flew gliders at Walace lake dam. And Bodcau With the uplift off the huge levees, we flew for hours without ever touching the ground.

I saw someone flying just south of Bass Pro Shops the other day but they weren't very good so I don't think that is a hotspot or anything.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote