View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Ok, I'm gonna try this again. Nobody wants to talk about this, and I cant for the life of me figure out WHY. Everybody SHOULD be talking about it! But there is nothing in the Constitution that allows for the taxation of income. What this means is that we've all been lied to and ripped off for years. People pay income tax chiefly out of fear of losing their freedom and property, NOT because the law says they should. When challenged to show the law that authorizes the government to tax income, the IRS's reply is "no comment". They CANT! The federal government has simply side-stepped the U.S. Constitution and involved themselves with issues they have no business being involved in for the sole purpose of control.

I'm sick of the apathy. If we dont all stand together, we'll all fall together.
I get what you are saying, however I don't know enough about it to comment intelligently. (IANAL) I do feel that there ain't no way in hell the feds are going to give up trillions in income and downsize drastically so they can reduce or eliminate income tax. Historically speaking, about the only time I see a drastic reduction in the size of government is when it is defeated during a war or revolution. And in order to do that, you need the military on your side.

Even at the state level with budget excesses, Blanco will not give a tax break to businesses. Then she flies off to England to look for new business to come to our state. Go figure.....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote