View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
You can't give anyone under age 18 the death penalty, period. (Roper v. Simmons)

I wonder why he didn't kill her afterwards, what did he have to lose?
I fail to see anything wrong with joe's posts in this thread. You guys really need to lighten up a bit if you ask me. First he made a factual statement that minors cannot get the death penalty. No judgement there, just a fact. Then he went on to ponder why the minor didn't go even further given the fact that he had little more to loose under the present law. I do wonder why and how a kid can be so utterly rotten, and wonder why anyone would beat someone so badly and not kill her. My only conclusion is that the kid did think he killed her, but she survived. I do not see where joe condones any of this behavior whatsoever. I'm pretty sure he doesn't, and perhaps his point is that this guy should get the death penalty as a deterent to other evil perps out there who are bent on violence.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote