View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #22
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
If ya blame the government or the voters, ya make it possible for the individuals in government/power who commit such crimes to go undetected, unprosecuted, unsentenced, and unpunished, which sends the message to their fellow government employees (civil servants) that they can violate our rights and freedoms with impunity. Which is why we must hold them accountable. Governments are composed of individuals who are accountable for the decisions and choices they make that affect us all. This is why the "I was just followin orders" horse**** didnt cut it at Nuremburg. And it aint gonna cut it here!
Good point. So why was Nagin given a pass and re-elected? Did Blanco break the law but Nagin did not? In any event, I would say we could fill our jails with crimes comitted that fateful day when the city went under water.

Unless given some facts that point to Blanco, I do not think she made the decision to disarm citizens. Lots of rogue public servants were doing all sorts of crazy stuff that day such as looting, preventing escape, disarming people, etc. I bet she saw it all on the news like you and I. Bush is pro-gun. Why do you not hold our President responsible for disarming Americans? After all, they were Amercian citizens as well as Louisiana citizens.

I do agree someone (the person who make the call) should be held responsible and put on the spot to explain his actions and suffer the consequences for violating our federal constitution in a major way!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote