View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #25
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Greek and Roman mythology existed for at least 1000 years before Christ and well after his crucification. As far as "documentation" you can start with the Iliad and the Odyssey which focus mainly on the Trojan war......and don't even get me started on the influence Latin has had on every modern language in existence.

To imply that religions other than Christianity lack the "documentation" to support their beliefs shows just how little you know about alternate beliefs.
The Iliad and the Odyssey were traditional legends and fables written by Homer who did not profess to be a prophet. He recorded oral, epic poems that served to entertain the ancient Greeks. Entertainment does not equal a religion. There is question if Homer or group known as Homer even existed.

Are you claiming that Jesus of Nazareth didn’t exist? Christians, Muslims, and Jews all agree he existed in history, but disagree on his status. If you agree he existed in history, then that’s a start. Then all we might disagree on is his status as son of God or just any other human being like you or me.

I made no comment about "alternate beliefs" whatever that means. I did comment about Mythology and now Homer and Jesus existing one way or another.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote