View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #37
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
Accidents happen sure, but compared today with 30 or 40 years ago, people kept guns out in the open, not locked up, kids knew better than to touch them. You also never heard of people shooting others like in this day and time. Kids were better taught better back 30 years ago. People kept their guns on 2 nails on the wall or hanging in the window of a pick-up. Back then I guess we were all Jed Clampetts.
Even when I was a child my Daddy had a gun that he kept in a locked drawer.
I'm sure glad he did because he was a city slicker and wouldn't have a clue what to do with it.
On the other side of the family my mother's father was the town sheriff.
He was always cautious around us and only wore the gun if he was on duty. Of course we were never allowed to touch or go near it! I'm just surprised at how openly exposed to guns you were.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote