View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I have just the information you need. Imagine that.

One option you have to get registered is this:

www.marrow.org

This website is the National Bone Marrow registry site. You will have two ways that you can get registered. They will either send you a kit via the mail and you will swab your cheek. You will send the kit back to them and bam you are registered. The other option is to look for a center near you and unfortunately the closest one to us is in New Orleans. HOWEVER, if there is a current bone marrow drive going on for this infant and I did not read the story, the may be collecting samples locally. You will have to check the source. I am sure that they probably are.

There are literally thousands of people who need to find bone marrow donors. People suffering from multiple myeloma, lymphoma, leukemia, etc. You can help make the difference in someone's life by doing this. You may never ever get called to donate, but you never know.

Giving blood...cancer patients, burn patients, premature infants, surgery patients, and on and on it goes require blood daily. Please give to help these people. Some of us can not give because of the medicine we take or our medical history. For those of you who can you need to give and give as often as allowed.

Thanks!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote