View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by geodood
Yet another 911 aniversary without major incident. Each year I think the same thing. We have made it X years without another 911. I have to say that I never thought we would make it this long. I am very elated by that fact!! I just think that if a few handfuls of evil individuals can cause that level of devistation, then it would have from now on, maybe on a smaller level, but with some regularity. I am no less shocked today than on 9/11/01 by the overall magnitude of what happened. How could this have happened? What type of human being could do such a thing?d How can 19 people literally change our structure of government? Our own politicians do not even hold that kind of power.
True, that we haven't been hit as hard as we did on 9-11, but that same group of people is responsible for a few other large attacks since then elsewhere in the world. That train bombing in Spain comes to mind ? But yes, I'm glad we haven't been hit. What I am constantly amazed about since 9-11 is that right after this event.. This country was as UNITED as it has ever been since WWII. The outpouring of patriotism, and the amount of support we received from countries around the world. When we went into Afghanistan and carpet bombed the place to hell and back looking for Bin Laden, there wasn't a person or a country I think that said it wasn't DUE.

But this country has been so DIVIDED by the actions of our President since this event. How many U.S. service men and woman have we lost in Iraq. how many innocent lives have been lost in Iraq. How much money have we spent !?? AND FOR WHAT ??

There are those who may consider me unpatriotic for asking such questions, but I think it makes me all the more so. O.k. sure we got rid of Sadam, and he was a bastard, and he had it coming. But at this PRICE ?? I honestly don't ever see anything good coming from this adventure into Iraq.

Bob.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote