View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #12
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Pie, I travel the Interstate every day back and forth to town. The worst offenders out there are the 18-wheelers. At least once a week, I am faced with being nearly run off the road by one. We have lived in East Texas now for ten years and there have been a so many occasions when I have had to take the median or take the shoulder completely in order to avoid a total collision with one. I can not even begin to count the number of wrecks I've seen caused by them. My biggest pet peeve are the ones who like to ride my a$$ on the road. (No jokes please) The most interesting thing is I always see the po po pulling over cars but never a single 18 wheeler!!
Well Belle I have rode with my brother-in-law and I have seen first hand how drivers in cars cut these trucks off, it's like they think a driver can stop a big rig on a dime, it don't happen. And yes they get pulled over just the same, besides the regular police they have to contine with the DOT weight and scales officers [someone car drivers don't have to deal with]. I have a friend that rode a big rig that was in an accident because a car thought he was as big as the rig. there were 2 drivers in the rig, my friend was threw out the windshield and his partner burned up in the truck. My friend, took him months to learn to walk and still does not do it without a bd limp. He had to live everyday with the memory of his co-driver burning up. If I had troubles and needed someone to back me up I know a trucker would always be there. I am sorry you think so little of them but you will never convince me that they are that bad. I have seen some car drivers that I would refuse to ride with because of their driving habits but I have never seen a trucker that scared me with their driving. My own sister drives a log truck.