View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
True, but punishment is suppose to induce regret in the subject and make him aware of the consequences of his actions, thus making him gradually step toward a more civilized lifestyle. Excessive punshiment on the part of society will induce hatred for society in the subject and thus encourage him to further rebel against it by breaking more laws.

In other words, the subject may declare such things as, "Society hates me, so why should I care?" This may not be true, but would you feel differently if society took your house and car away from you after you got out of jail?

I just feel this level of punishment is excessive. We already make sexual predators announce when they move into the neighborhood.