View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Growing up in a small town was so awesome! We road our Honda mini bikes all over the place up to the edge of the highway...stopped parked them, walked across the highway and then road motorcyles back home! We stayed out til dark and ran all over the neighborhoods til my mother "rang the bell" (I kid you not) to come in. We had this big old dinner bell that originally belonged to my great grandmother and we could hear it a mile away! I'm not a hick either....just a small town girl! I loved it!
LOL, as I grew older, we had Honda mini-trail 50's and 70's and bigger and bigger dirt bikes as time went on. By the time I was 12 or 13, I was riding wheelies down the street! It's a wonder I made it. Yes once I actually got hit by a car while I was on my dirt bike. No broken bones but lots of scrapes and bruises. Shreveport was not quite the small town I thought it was.

But those were different times back then. I remember riding to high school with my shotgun in the rear window of my pickup! Lot of us did. And then we went to gun club at school as an extracurricular activity after school. Nobody got hurt and nobody got arrested. Nowadays there seems to be a lot more of both. There is something to be said for learning some personal responsibility and common sense the hard way (as long as you survive to remember the lesson)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote