View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #40
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Santa, I think most of us on this board are significantly older than you and are really trying to give you our "wisdom" on drug use. You did ask for opinions. I don't personally like drugs or use them but I do know what they can do to someone. I have a very close relative who began by overdosing on cough medicines (of all things) at a very young age...like 13. He is now 22 and has been in rehab 5 times and continues to fail at sobriety. He is very intelligent but chooses to keep using so what's he doing now? Moving from carpet salesman, to fruitstand boy, to busting tables, to construction not ever achieving or using any of his knowledge. He too went to LSU but bombed out due to drugs went to Community College bombed out etc. It's a very sad never ending cycle. So you need to be very careful in what drugs you are using because this too can happen to you. You sound intelligent so why continue to do so? Do you feel these drugs are beneficial to you some how?
I am very, extremely aware of the possibility of adverse effects from drug use and abuse, I've witnessed them both first-hand and from very close friends and family; I never denied their existence, and I think that is a main point that you guys seem to think differently, I never advocated the use of drugs nor suggested that drugs are safe to use, I am VERY aware that they are not, I just choose to make that decision for myself, and don't involve anybody else in my endeavors as to not harm anyone.

I know none of you who have not tried them personally will understand what kind of changes it can make in your life. Obviously something that profound can make a negative spot (maybe permanent) in your life, but with the right knowledge, practice, use, and responsibility, like any other mainstream drug that is sold over-the-counter, you can enjoy the entire opposite spectrum of an experience.

I am only speaking from personal behalf that the drugs of choice I have done are only on that list because they have been tried repeatedly and have shown zero adverse affects to me. If I had seen any negative effects of any kind, no matter my attachment to the substance, I would quit them, and I have done this numerous times for different substances. I know a lot about many types of drugs, but I do not claim to know all there is to know, nor do I claim to know all there is about experiencing drugs. I daily research based on interest and personal edification for drugs of all kinds just to be more aware and conscious of drugs and their use in society. You really can't stop people from using and abusing substances, but you can give proper knowledge and allow people to make decisions for themselves, even if they may ruin their lives, at least it was by their own choice and they will have to responsibly ask for help or never receive it. I've been in holes like that before, it hurts, trust me.